Saturday, November 10, 2012

The angry right-wing white guy

I had lunch with a True-Blood Republican friend yesterday.  He was very angry and said we shouldn't talk politics or about Obama's reelection.  I asked him why not and he said it just made him more angry. 

I asked him what what there was to be angry about.  "Everything" he said.  Benghazi lies, Fast and Furious lies, Obamacare lies, the great Small Arms Treaty lie where Hilary Clinton is working with other "socialist" countries to outlaw gun-ownership in America. It went on and on. 

What I saw in my friend was the raw product of the Right-wing's strategy: an angry, middle-aged, white man addicted to Fox News - the rest of the main-stream media, apparently, is under the direct control of of the socialist/communist/anti-American left-wing liberals who lie about everything. 

Even when I fact-check some of his issues for him he just snorts and gets angry.  I fact-checked the Small Arms Treaty thing that the NRA is blatantly lying about.  A statement made to Reuters by one of the actual US delegates to the UN engaged in the treaty talks stated something like this: "This only affects exports from the US and other major arms manufacturers (Russia, China, etc) to designated terrorist-supporting countries (Iran, etc) and has nothing to do with personal ownership or sales in this country".  But he informed me that Reuters can't be trusted. 

So, try to imagine that there are millions of angry white men out there just like him.  THAT'S scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment